The Society for Refugee Healthcare Providers is hosting its annual conference this June 7-9 in here in Portland! This takes place each year and alternates between venues in the United States and Canada. The North American Refugee Health Conference (NARHC) is a preeminent conference for healthcare and resettlement professionals serving refugee populations. The conference focuses on issues that are relevant to the field of refugee healthcare. Attendees learn about best practices, increase their levels of cultural competency, connect with like-minded professionals, reflect on the challenges and successes of the work they do, and develop a network of colleagues who are making a difference in their communities.
The Conference Director and Board are recruiting 6 volunteers to support conference logistics including:
- Registration table enrollment coordinator (s)
- Oral Presentation and Panel Moderator (s)
- Conference packet preparation, signage and other logistical support
- Prepare and organize sign-up sheets for ongoing volunteer assistance
- Time keeping for selected presentations
Volunteer Description- Conference Assistance
Assist NARHC staff and members with conference coordination including logistical arrangements to ensure a successful conference convening. These activities will include procurement of conference materials, meeting and greeting registrants ensuring their access to the conference event and assisting as directed in the moderation or introduction of key panelists in their presentations.
***In exchange for offering volunteer support and assistance, volunteers will be able to participate in the conference activities during select times in which they are not volunteering. ****
Please contact the Conference Director, Dr. Sutton at: James.Sutton@rochesterregional.org to learn more.
Please note: in order to volunteer, you must agree to the following terms:
- To be at the Convention Center from 9 AM to 2 PM on Wednesday, June 6thto help with set up. Lunch will be provided and we will work through lunch if necessary. This is to stuff conference bags with materials and set up the registration area.
- Assist at the check-in table on Thursday, June 7thfrom 7 AM – 9 AM (must arrive no later than 6:45 AM). All volunteers will be at the check-in table handing out nametags and materials during this time.
- After initial check-in on day one we will need one volunteer to be at the check-in table throughout the conference (Conference times are 7 AM to 5 PM Thursday and Friday and 7 AM to 3 PM Saturday). Volunteers will each be assigned a 4 hour block of time to be at the table.
- The remaining time volunteers can attend the conference.
For information about the conference and to locate a program: http://nasrhp.org/north-american-refugee-health-conference-3