We have TWO events upcoming and we would like anyone interested to attend
- Thursday, May 11th in the SPH Lounge at 4:00-5:00pm we have a pizza social! Please RSVP here, so we know how much pizza to buy!
- Thursday, May 18th, in HSI-132 from 4:00-6:00 pm, we have a professional career panel! We have invited professionals in the field of environmental public health to talk about their experience in their perspective fields. Please RSVP here!
These events are open to all environmental health students, prospective students, and anyone passionate about environmental health. If you are new to the major, come and meet some current members of the major and explore potential career paths!
We also have positions open on our SEHA board for the academic year 2017-2018! The applications are due on May 16th, 2017 at 11:59 pm. All applications will be reviewed by current members of the board and we will let you know by May 18th.
The link to the Catalyst survey can be found here! All available position descriptions can be found below.
All positions are a one academic year term except for Junior Co-chair, which is a two year term. The positions that are available and their descriptions are as follows:
· Junior Co-chair: This position will become the Senior Co-chair for the following year. This position is a two-year commitment and they work in conjunction with the Senior Co-chair. These co-chairs ensure proper transition of leadership after a term is served. The co-chairs ensure accountability, enthusiasm, and communication from the rest of the officer board. They shall be responsible for contributing ideas to other positions and leading meetings. Co-chairs are mainly responsible for recruitment efforts. This includes tabling at Dawg Daze.
· Treasurer/Secretary: This position is responsible for watching over the budget, i.e. the coordination of finances, and coordinating with the Social Chair and Fundraising Chair during the planning of events. They will also be in charge of recording information during meetings and creating the officer meeting agendas with the co-chairs.
· Public Relations Chair: This position is responsible for the advertising and marketing materials used to recruit members to SEHA events and activities. This includes making Facebook event pages, Instagram posts, and other materials needed to aid in recruitment. The Public Relations Chair shall work in close collaboration with other officers when needed.
· Social Chair: This position is responsible for planning social events. Their duty is to find/plan fun activities for the group as well as professional development activities, such as a professional career panel. These events can be on or off campus, but the goal is to encourage participation from students in the major and other people passionate about environmental health.
· Fundraising Chair: This position is responsible for planning fundraising events and working with the Treasurer/Secretary on fund raisers. They will be responsible for researching potential uses for the money raised and report to the SEHA board.
Please consider applying to our SEHA board for next year. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at kkscott.
Thank you for your interest in the SEHA officer board. We have a Facebook Page, so please follow us and consider attending our upcoming events!
Please consider applying to our SEHA board for next year and I hope to see you at our next event!