My name is Katie Scott and I am the Senior Co-chair for the Student Environmental Health Association (SEHA). We are an RSO for UW students that are in the Environmental Health program, prospective students, or students passionate about environmental health.
In the Students of Environmental Health Association, we aim to provide students with a safe space to cultivate relationships within the community of the Environmental Health major and with those passionate about environmental and public health. We strive to increase the visibility of this field and to support professional development of our peers. As a student-oriented club, we aspire to encourage and challenge people to become better public health professionals.
We have positions open on our SEHA board for the academic year 2017-2018! The applications are due on May 16th, 2017 at 11:59 pm. All applications will be reviewed by current members of the board and we will let you know by May 18th.
The link to the Catalyst survey can be found here! All available position descriptions can be found below.
All positions are a one academic year term except for Junior Co-chair, which is a two year term. The positions that are available and their descriptions are as follows:
- Junior Co-chair: This position will become the Senior Co-chair for the following year. This position is a two-year commitment and they work in conjunction with the Senior Co-chair. These co-chairs ensure proper transition of leadership after a term is served. The co-chairs ensure accountability, enthusiasm, and communication from the rest of the officer board. They shall be responsible for contributing ideas to other positions and leading meetings. Co-chairs are mainly responsible for recruitment efforts. This includes tabling at Dawg Daze.
- Treasurer/Secretary: This position is responsible for watching over the budget, i.e. the coordination of finances, and coordinating with the Social Chair and Fundraising Chair during the planning of events. They will also be in charge of recording information during meetings and creating the officer meeting agendas with the co-chairs.
- Public Relations Chair: This position is responsible for the advertising and marketing materials used to recruit members to SEHA events and activities. This includes making Facebook event pages, Instagram posts, and other materials needed to aid in recruitment. The Public Relations Chair shall work in close collaboration with other officers when needed.
- Social Chair: This position is responsible for planning social events. Their duty is to find/plan fun activities for the group as well as professional development activities, such as a professional career panel. These events can be on or off campus, but the goal is to encourage participation from students in the major and other people passionate about environmental health.
- Fundraising Chair: This position is responsible for planning fundraising events and working with the Treasurer/Secretary on fund raisers. They will be responsible for researching potential uses for the money raised and report to the SEHA board.
Please consider applying to our SEHA board for next year. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at kkscott.
Thank you for your interest in the SEHA officer board. We have a Facebook Page, so please follow us! We have events in the pipeline, so sign up for notifications on Facebook!
Please consider applying to our SEHA board for next year and I hope to see you at our next event!
SEHA Senior Co-chair