There are dozens of events happening during the festival. Some of the highlights include:
- The Sustainable Exhibitor Fair on Tuesday, Oct. 18, in the HUB Ballroom. UW programs, student groups, and community partners who put sustainability first will be available to talk about their work and how you can get involved. Enjoy entertainment from several arts groups on the Cultural Sustainability Stage during the event.
- Huskies for Humanity, “Changing Global Health Ecosystems: Humans, Animals, and the Environment” on Monday, Oct. 17. An interactive panel discussion where presenters will address the interactions between humans, animals, and the environment, and the impact on health.
- UW’s Salmon Safe Certification celebration and award ceremony on Wednesday, Oct. 19.
- Sustainability Careers Meet & Greet, connecting students with representatives from the business, non-profit, government and education sectors, on Wednesday, Oct. 19.
- Husky Highlight, featuring UW Environmental Innovation Challenge winner Jiko Power on Thursday, Oct. 20.
- UW Sustainability open house on Friday, Oct. 21. Stop by UW Sustainability’s office in Gerberding Hall, room B40, to learn more about the sustainability resources we have to offer.
In addition, you can attend screenings of documentaries on climate change and food waste; volunteer with the native plant nursery or to create native pollinator habitat on campus; take a tour of the UW Botanic Garden’s green buildings and gardens; and much more. For full information on all the events happening throughout the festival, visit green.uw.edu/festival/events.