STEM Tutoring LLC, a small innovative tutoring agency based in Bellevue, is searching for MATH, BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY and PHYSICS tutors for high school students. At STEM Tutoring, our primary focus is connecting well with students, knowing that if a student enjoys their time with us, we can make significant progress helping them develop, not only academically, but socially and emotionally as well. With an increased focus on the STEM curriculum nationwide, we are passionate about assisting students in their mastery in Math and the Sciences.
– Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Math, or Physics
– exceptional Undergraduate Seniors with job experience considered as well
– Significant experience with high school students in an educational or mentoring/tutoring setting
– Skillful, empathetic 1-on-1 communication with both adolescents and their parents
– Transportation to Bellevue 1-2 times per week (bus is an easy option if no car)
Clients served: Seattle and Bellevue area, middle and high school Math and Science students
Hours: self-determined (approx 5-8 hours per week). After school hours (late afternoon/evening) and/or weekends
Pay: $20-$30/hour met with student (depending on experience)
– How to address both the academic and emotional needs of adolescents
– Establishing effective communication with adolescents and their parents
– General study strategies based on the most recent research
If interested, please send the following to cindy
1. Email indicating why you are interested in this job.
2. Resume with 3 references, one of which must be education, mentoring, or counseling related