|Interested in business, books, or student leadership?
Apply to serve on the University Book Store Board of Trustees!
Posted April 25, 2016
Applications due May 9, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Apply online | Due May 9, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Did you know the U Book Store was started by students?
The University Book Store is an independent business corporation founded by U.W. students to serve and benefit University of Washington students, faculty and staff. In addition to being one of the oldest and largest of the college stores in the U.S., it is among the very few whose management is overseen by a student, faculty and staff board. The Book Store operates according to the provisions of a Trust Agreement adopted in 1964 by the U.W. Board of Regents, the A.S.U.W. Board of Directors and the University Book Store Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees is comprised of five U.W. students, four faculty members, one U.W. administrative officer and the Chief Executive Officer of the University Book Store.
What do student trustees do?
While the board is concerned with all aspects of Book Store operations, its primary responsibilities include:
- the strategic direction of the Book Store
- UW Customer Rebate distributions
- UW student scholarship programs
- approval of major capital expenditures, real estate transactions, employee benefit program
- direction of high level operating and merchandising policies
- the employment, supervision and evaluation of the Store’s chief executive
Meetings on the third Tuesday of every month from 6-8 PM
Average of 4-5 hours per month for a 2-3 year term (ideally, Sept 2016-June 2019)
Learn More & Apply
Director of Campus Partnerships, ASUW