SPRING HAS ARRIVED!
We are glad to announce our Spring Quarter Groups.
Hall Health Mental Health
Spring Quarter Groups 2016
1. International Student Support Group: Wednesdays 10:00 to 11:30 pm. Starting April 20, 2016. This is a support group for international students who want to develop interpersonal skills, increase emotional awareness, and practice self-care habits in a multi-cultural context. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact the group facilitators, Chia-Wen Moon at chiawen or Jenny Schwickerath, MSW, schwick or call 206-543-5030, option #4.
2. Mindfulness for Healthy Living Group: Thursdays 1:00 to 2:30 pm. Starting April 14, 2016. This is a therapy group for people who want to change maladaptive behavior patterns and/or learn to manage stressors and improve life balance. The focus will be primarily on mindfulness, meditation, and yoga practices aimed at learning and practicing skills for healthy everyday living. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact the group co-facilitators, Ryli Webster, MSW, LICSW, at ryliw or Carey DeMartini, at careyd4 or call 206-543-5030, option #4.
3. DBT Skills Group: (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy group). Mondays from 1:30-3:00 pm. Starting Monday, April 4, 2016. Ten weeks. Learn how to increase self-awareness, build relationship skills, manage crisis situations, and better control your emotions. Open to clients referred by their Hall Health Mental Health Clinic providers. Co-facilitated by Treg Isaacson, MA (221-7983) and Chia-Wen Moon, LMHC (543-3213).
4. Procrastination/Perfectionism Group: Two Sections – Wednesdays from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. and Fridays from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Ongoing. This is group for folks who struggle with procrastinating and being perfectionist. Learn how to be less anxious about being anxious, which includes seeing clearly that there is no need to avoid experiencing anxiety. Facilitator: Ricardo Hidalgo, LMHC. Info at: 206-543-5030, option #4 or via email at rhidalgo .
5. A Mindful Approach to Anxiety: Tuesdays 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Starting April 12, 2016. Eight weeks. Explore common signs of anxiety and learn how to approach the anxiety in your life and situations you tend to avoid. If you are interested in learning more about the group, please contact co-facilitators Carey DeMartini, at careyd4, or Chia-Wen Moon at chiawen.
6. Beginning Mindfulness Meditation Groups: Two sections – Tuesdays 9:30 to 11:00 starting April 5, 2016; and Wednesdays 4:00 to 5:30 am starting April 6, 2016. Eight weeks. Mindfulness meditation is a practice that involves cultivating attention to the present moment in a nonjudgmental manner. The benefits of mindfulness meditation have been widely studied and include alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, increasing capacity for attention and concentration, improving self-esteem, enhancing resilience to stress. No prior knowledge or experience is required. Participants will be provided with materials, instruction and support for building and sustaining a meditation practice. To enroll contact the Mental Health Clinic at (206) 543-5030 option #4. For questions e-mail or phone the group facilitator, Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941; meghanng
7. Mindfulness Meditation Follow-up Groups: Wednesdays and Thursdays from noon to 1:00 pm. Starting March 30, 2016 and March 31, 2016 respectively. Ongoing. For those who are already familiar with mindfulness meditation and want to continue in an open, ongoing, weekly group. An 8-week commitment is recommended. Facilitated by Meghann Gerber, PsyD. Contact Meghann at 206-543-5030 option #4.
8. Overcoming Social Challenges: Wednesdays 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Starting March 30, 2016. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact one of the co-facilitators: Treg Isaacson, MA (221-7983) or Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941.
Cost of all groups: $55 per session ($40 No Show Fee without 24 hour notice). Insurance may cover fees, please check with your insurance carrier.
Where: Mental Health Clinic, Hall Health Center, 3rd Floor.
Register, get information, or ask questions at 206-543-5030, option #4 for any and all groups.
Go to http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/content/clinics/mental-health/group-therapy-support-groups for more information about our groups.