Join Oregon’s VISTA team to build healthy communities and your career.
Recruiting now for 17 positions starting in April 2015 throughout Oregon
SPREAD THE WORD
Positions are now open for the April 2014 team in the Oregon Health Authority/VISTA Partnership Project. Please forward this announcement widely to reach new professionals interested in public health, fighting poverty and career development through a year of national service.
LEARN MORE, CONTACT US AND APPLY
Candidates are hired as applications are received – so apply as soon as possible. Most positions will be filled by February 15th.
CHALLENGING AND REWARDING NATIONAL SERVICE
During a challenging year of national service as AmeriCorps VISTA service members, our team members lead public health initiatives in the areas of healthcare reform, community wellness programs, chronic disease prevention, public health department accreditation, quality improvement processes, health equity, oral health, women’s and children’s health, obesity reduction, environmental justice, and disaster healthcare volunteer management. We are a statewide sponsoring organization for almost 30 VISTA positions.
BENEFITS AMERICORPS PROVIDES
• A $5,730 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or $1,500 post-service stipend
• $11,676 living allowance for the year
• Healthcare benefits
• Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service for qualified federal loans
• One year of noncompetitive status for a federal government job
• Moving cost support before and after your year of service
BENEFITS WE PROVIDE
• Team building with your cohort
• Kick off retreat orienting you to Oregon and public health
• Team meetings throughout the year for conferences, customized training and professional development
• Sponsored travel to conferences and trainings you choose
• Constant support from our team at the state Public Health Division
• Support for your job hunting, career exploration, resume-building, networking for you next career moves
17 OPEN POSITIONS
Positions are available throughout the state, both in urban centers and scenic rural areas. Oregon’s unique healthcare reform makes it a wonderful place to start your career in public health.
• Clatsop County Wellness: Communicate, collaborate and connect with stakeholders in Clatsop County to drive wellness at work and reduce health inequality.
• Curry County Accreditation: Lead agency certification in this position in Gold Beach, along Oregon’s beautiful southern coast.
• Doula Workforce Development: Reduce infant mortality in communities of color because healthy babies are everyone’s business.
• Jackson Care Connect Perinatal Health: Build support for expecting moms and new families in southern Oregon’s region of natural wonders.
• Lincoln County Wellness: Promote health equity on Oregon’s coast by increasing access to affordable housing and social services.
• Multnomah County Community Wellness: In Portland, drive change for healthy food, active living, and tobacco free spaces for everyone.
• Oral Health Coalition: Improve oral health and reduce the burden of dental disease – from Portland to the entire state.
• Polk County Wellness: Impact health disparities, building capacity and assess community health in the lush Willamette Valley.
• SNACK Childhood and Family Obesity: Enable healthy, active lives for overweight/obese kids and families in the Yamhill Valley near Portland.
• State Public Health Division WIC Community Engagement Specialist: Grow services for women, infants and children – from Portland to the entire state.
• Umatilla County Accreditation: Drive public health change and ensure quality healthcare in Oregon’s high desert city of Pendleton.
• Umatilla County Wellness: Lead community health improvement planning in Oregon’s high desert city of Pendleton.
• Washington County Women, Infant & Children: Help Washington County Public Health grow services for women, infant and children in the Portland area.
• Harney County Accreditation & Wellness: Build the public health system of the future for Harney County in Oregon’s beautiful high desert.
• Yamhill County Health Futures: Grow public health nutrition and behavioral health programs in wine country outside Portland.
• Emergency Medical Services: Improve pediatric emergency care systems while serving in the state public health department in Portland.
• Spring Team VISTA Leader: After completing one year of VISTA service already, help lead and run this team.
OUR TRACK RECORD
This is the largest AmeriCorps VISTA program in Oregon with an established six-year history. While placed in local ground-level agencies, our state-level program supports VISTA team members with trainings in professional development, information technology and public health. Leveraging our proven track record and taking advantage of Oregon’s cutting edge public health work, we place VISTAs in exciting positions to better the health of people living in poverty.
January 26 – February 27: Active recruitment and interviewing. Candidates hired on a rolling basis. Most will be hired by February 15 – so apply soon!
April 28-May 1: Primary AmeriCorps orientation in Los Angeles (all travel is covered)
May 2, 2015 – May 1, 2016: Your year of national service on our team
The next team starts in August! Contact us to be notified of openings.
LEARN MORE, CONTACT US AND APPLY