Info session: Tuesday, Nov 25 at 4pm, Mary Gates Hall 258
Exciting Service-Learning Class in Winter Quarter (EDUC 401): Calling all Makers, Tinkerers and STEM enthusiasts who want to make an impact on youth in Seattle!
The Dream Project, Pipeline, and the 3DL Partnership (a collaboration between the College of Education and the School of Social Work) are partnering with Neighborhood House in an exciting new program called STUDIO to mentor and engage middle-school and high-school youth in tinkering activities, health literacy, and opportunities to learn about STEM and health care in higher education and careers.
Mentors attend hands-on sessions with youth and support them to develop critical habits of mind for learning and succeeding in STEM, school, and life. Mentor during Maker Monday or Tinker Tuesday at the Neighborhood House High Point Center.
Hereʼs how to sign up:
- Register for one or both of the following (2 or 3 credits, instructor is Leslie Herrenkohl):
- A) EDUC 401W, SLN 13696, Mon, 2.30-6:00pm + 1 hour seminar based on your schedule
- B) EDUC 401X, SLN 13697, Tues, 3:30-6:30pm + 1 hour seminar based on your schedule
- All registration times include transportation time & transportation is provided!
- Two quarter commitment preferred, again 2-3 credits per quarter (we are flexible!)
- Fill out an interest survey at meixi with any questions.