Hall Health Mental Health
Fall Quarter Groups 2014
1. Procrastination/Perfectionism Group:Two Sections – Wednesdays from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. and Fridays from 10:00 am to noon. Ongoing. There are openings for both groups. This is group for folks who struggle with procrastinating and being perfectionist. Learn how to be less anxious about being anxious, which includes seeing clearly that there is no need to avoid experiencing anxiety. Facilitator: Ricardo Hidalgo, LMHC. Info at: rhidalgo .
2. Beginning Mindfulness Meditation: Three sections – Wednesdays 8:30 to 10:00 and 4:00 to 5:30 starting October 15, 2014; and Thursdays 10:00 to 11:30 am starting October 16, 2014. Eight weeks. Mindfulness meditation is a practice that involves cultivating attention to the present moment in a nonjudgmental manner. The benefits of mindfulness meditation have been widely studied and include alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, increasing capacity for attention and concentration, improving self-esteem, enhancing resilience to stress. No prior knowledge or experience is required. Participants will be provided with materials, instruction and support for building and sustaining a meditation practice. To enroll contact the Mental Health Clinic at meghanng
3. Mindfulness Meditation Follow-up Group: Thursdays from noon to 1:00 pm. Starting September 25, 2014. Ongoing. For those who are already familiar with mindfulness meditation and want to continue in an open, ongoing, weekly group. An 8-week commitment is recommended. Facilitated by Meghann Gerber, PsyD. Contact Meghann at 206-543-5030option #4.
4. A Mindful Approach to Anxiety: Tuesdays 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Starting October 14, 2014. Eight weeks. Explore common signs of anxiety and learn how to approach the anxiety in your life and situations you tend to avoid. If you are interested in learning more about the group, please contact co-facilitators Carey DeMartini, at careyd4, or Chia-Wen Moon at chiawen.
5. Overcoming Social Challenges: Wednesdays 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Starting October 15, 2014. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact one of the co-facilitators: Treg Isaacson, MA (221-7983) or Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941.
6. FREE Mindfulness-based Relapse Prevention Group: Thursdays 3:00 to 4:30 pm. Starting October 216, 2014. This is a University of Washington, evidence-based treatment that has been shown to be helpful for individuals who are currently in recovery for addictive behaviors. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact the group co-facilitators, Ryli Webster, MSW, LICSW, at ryliw or Carey DeMartini, at careyd4 or call 206-543-5030, option #4.
7. DBT Skills Group: (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy group). Mondays from 1:30-3:00 pm.Starting Monday, October 13, 2014. Ten weeks. Learn how to increase self-awareness, build relationship skills, manage crisis situations, and better control your emotions. Open to clients referred by their Hall Health Mental Health Clinic providers. Co-facilitated by Treg Isaacson, MA (221-7983) and Chia-Wen Moon, LMHC (543-3213).
Cost of all groups: $57 per session ($40 No Show Fee without 24 hour notice). Insurance may cover fees, please check with your insurance carrier.
Where: Mental Health Clinic, Hall Health Center, 3rd Floor.
Register, get information, or ask questions at 206-543-5030, option #4 for any and all groups.
Go to http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/content/clinics/mental-health/group-therapy-support-groups for more information about our groups.