Are you interested in learning more about the world of K-12 education?
Thinking of teaching as a possible career?
Would you like to make a difference in the life of a young person?
If so, check out the Inner Pipeline seminars offered by The Pipeline Project during Autumn 2014. Students receive credit for attending a seminar once a week and tutoring in Seattle schools or community organizations for 2.5 hours or more per week. There are a wide range of seminar topics. Here is a comprehensive list of our upcoming offerings:
Autumn 2014 Inner Pipeline Seminars
EDUC 401, specific sections and SLNs linked below.
CREDITS: 1-5. Seminars are Credit/No Credit.
The following seminars will be offered during Autumn Quarter 2014:
For these seminars, the number of credits a student receives depends on the number of tutoring hours completed in addition to seminar attendance. Credit and tutoring requirements are as follows:
· 1 credit: 2.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 20 hours tutoring/quarter)*
· 2 credits: 2.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 20 hours tutoring/quarter)
· 3 credits: 5 hours tutoring/week (at least 40 hours tutoring/quarter)
· 4 credits: 7.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 60 hours tutoring/quarter)
· 5 credits: 10 hours tutoring/week (at least 80 hours tutoring/quarter)
*A student may opt to register for 1 credit if it means avoiding an additional registration fee. Students may also register for more than 5 credits.
Details and descriptions for each seminar may be found on our website:
All students should attend a mandatory Pipeline orientation prior to the first class session. You may sign-up and rsvp at:
Please contact us at pipeline with additional questions. We look forward to working with you.